SEO keywords search is crucial
The first step in SEO is researching and collecting keywords. After all, before we start creating or promoting a website, we must determine what users are looking for and what exactly they type in Google search. You would discover a lot of new!
After you complete keywords collecting, we recommend starting to create the site architecture and SEO strategy. Also, if you have list of keywords, it will later help collect statistics where your site is ranked on search engines for a keyword. It has a major impact for traffic from the Internet, lead generation and conversions.
How is keywords collecting occurs?
Firstly, we follow framework in order to learn more about your business.
What is your products and services? What are competitots and actually do you know all major competitors? We learn more about the target audience and how potential customers find out about your site. Secondly, we explore the SERPs (Search engine result page) in a topic of a site, so we know exactly what search engines show to users when they search for something online. This stage is very important part of research, because the more the data we get, the more complete and comprehensive keyword research we provide.
Creating a list of basic queries.
This is a very rough list, showing in general terms what search terms people use to search for goods and services on the site. We obtain all variations after analysis and then grouped according to topics. At this stage, we add new search terms and delete irrelevant ones.
Parsing search phrases, or, in other words, collecting keywords.
Using variety of services depends on your market such as Google Ads, Yandex Direct, Serpstat and Key Collector, we collect information how users search online. Before parsing, we form a list of negative keywords and discard irrelevant requests. As a result, we make the most informative map of keywords for a site.
Cleaning up irrelevant requests.
Despite the fact that in the previous step we have already eliminated negative keywords, some of the irrelevant words and phrases have to be removed and corrected manually. It takes time, but result will surprise you.
Keyword lists are combined into so-called clusters - groups of queries united by similar topics. Then, using some tools, for example, Regular Expressions (RegExp) and Excel or Google Spreadsheet, Notepad ++, we clean the clusters of irrelevant queries.
Collecting the frequency of search queries.
Frequency helps determine popularity among users. Some keywords are searched often, but some are rare. Depending on the region, we follow priority of particular search engine for your site.
Determination of the frequency of clusters of keywords.
So, we got a lot of clusters. Each keywords cluster contains a large number of search queries. What's next? We prioritize and start working with those clusters. The next steps is to understand how pages on your current website reflect search queries or how a website structure may look like based on keywords.
How to use keywords research?
The answer depends on readiness of your site.
For a site at the development stage:
- Keyword research is the basis for the entire structure of the site and the foundation of effective promotion. You need to do your homework before actually start website development. It will help to avoid mistakes and save not only time, but unnecessary expenses in the future.
- Keywords must be used when writing Title, Keywords, Description and H1 for every page. Thanks to this, search engines will have better understanding of every page and notice high quality of the webiste. As a result, it will significantly increase the amount of visitors from organic traffic.
- Keywords will come in handy when preparing content for the site and writing assignments for copywriters. These words need to be included in the texts to increase the relevance of the page and, as a result, increase traffic.
- An analysis of the semantic core is necessary for SEO in order to identify areas of growth and development of your site. It helps you to understand promotion strategy.
For an existing site:
- Additional search engine optimization of pages. By using keyword research, you can also optimize "make a profit" page and increase your traffic even more.
- Search engine ranking of keywords. The list of keywords can be monitored by using an online service, so you’ll have complete understand how your site is doing over time.
- New ideas for expanding the site structure and attracting new traffic.